Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Manhattan Times Square, New York City Review

After booking the Manhattan Times Square through Hotwire's Secret Hot Rate, I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor. In the end, I was pleasantly surprised by this "diamond in the rough" (as a few of the users had called it) and left wishing that I could extend my vacation.

Centrally located between 51st and 52nd on 7th, The Manhattan Times Square is ideal for anyone looking to be in the center of the action and within walking distance of subway stations that are ready to whisk you away to another part of the glorious city that is New York City.


xo Jessica

Located 2 short blocks from Times Square and all of it's lights, billboards, and stores, and about 1 block from Broadway shows and the Radio City Music Hall, nothing bad can be said about The Manhattan Times Square's fantastic location. Featuring 689 guest rooms and suites spread out over 22 floors, a business center, multi-lingual staff, a ticket desk, concierge, and  fitness center; The Manhattan offers a little bit of everything and exceeds expectations for being a budget hotel in a prime location.

(www.manhattanhoteltimessquareblog.com)

I stayed at The Manhattan Times Square for 2 nights, a Friday and Saturday, and I was very surprised at how friendly and accommodating the staff was from the time I arrived until the time I checked out. Although I arrived about an hour and a half earlier than their normal check-in time, I was quickly run through the amenities of the hotel and given my key to my room located on the 9th floor. 

(www.manhattanhoteltimessquareblog.com)

Being located right next to Times Square and on such a busy avenue, I assumed that there would be a lot of street noise at night and that sleeping would be difficult. During my first night, I was surprised at how quiet it was in the room (aside from our noisy neighbors who were having a party in their room- which security quickly took care of once it started getting out of control), I could not hear anything from 52nd street which was a straight drop down from my room's window. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious allowing for ample room to spread out. Although many of the reviews had stated that the rooms were dirty and outdated, I thought that even though they were not the most modern rooms I have ever stayed in, they had enough amenities to provide a comfortable stay and they were in no way anything but clean. 

(www.quikbook.com)

Our Review: If you are looking for a budget hotel located in the middle of Times Square, we would definitely recommend The Manhattan Times Square. Since we were not planning on spending much time in the hotel (other than for sleeping), this seemed like a great choice mainly due to it's proximity to major attractions and subway stations. The Manhattan Times Square was very clean and offers a lot of services to help make your stay in New York City even more enjoyable. Also, for those of you that want to take advantage of some of the extra services, The Manhattan Times Square offers different package options when booking like a parking package (parking for just $12/day) or a shopping package for those of you that would love to have discounts and deals at places like the Macy's in Heralds Square. 

Recommendation: Sign up for their email club to receive an offer for free in-room wi-fi during your stay. We also recommend asking for a higher floor so that you are guaranteed a quiet room and a good nights sleep. 

(www.wirednewyork.com)

790 7th Avenue New York, NY - USA - 10019
Reservations: By phone- +1(800)610-5386 Online- website.
Price per night: Through hotwire I paid about $130/night including all taxes and fees. On average through their site, prices start around $200/night. 
For more information see their blog or website.


No comments:

Post a Comment